January 2011: I am preparing for my first real visit to Detroit, the city of my birth. I am a Californian, where I have been since age one when my parents packed me into a car to seek fame and fortune in LA. It is strange to be defined by something unknown but when asked if I am a "native" Californian, I answer, "No, I was born in Detroit." It seems time to investigate what that means. So I have come "home" on my birthday to photograph Detroit.

This blog is part of an accompanying journal about the project.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DETROIT: DESTINATION

New York Magazine's "Five Point" travel article on Detroit:
http://nymag.com/travel/weekends/detroit/

Lot of them already visited, more to explore. Not just to tour the ruins, as so many feel is so trendy but to meet and discover a complex and amazing city and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment