January 2011: I am preparing for my first real visit to Detroit, the city of my birth. I am a Californian, where I have been since age one when my parents packed me into a car to seek fame and fortune in LA. It is strange to be defined by something unknown but when asked if I am a "native" Californian, I answer, "No, I was born in Detroit." It seems time to investigate what that means. So I have come "home" on my birthday to photograph Detroit.

This blog is part of an accompanying journal about the project.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Finding out why I should love Detroit

More articles. More notes. The next trip: probably in early April. One week this time with again, probably too much to do.

Guess I'll at least have to eat at a Coneys....


By April Rudin
This Is My Detroit: What the Motor City Means to Me

1 comment:

  1. let me know if I can make some suggestions! thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete